What is Triple P?
Triple P –Positive Parenting Program
- a multi-tiered system of evidence-based education / support for parents and caregivers of children and adolescents
- one of the few evidence-based parenting programs, with more than 230 trials and studies around the world showing it works - regardless of culture, country or individual situation
- helped more than 6 million children and their families in more than 20 countries around the world
- an internationally-recognized program
- manage misbehavior and prevent problems from happening in the first place
- assist parents with the skills they need to build strong family relationships
- assist the parents with the skills they need to raise confident, healthy children and teenagers
- does not tell people how to be a parent, rather it gives them simple and practical strategies they can adapt to suit their own values, beliefs and needs
- recognizes that one size doesn't fit all- system that offers increasing levels of support to meet parents' different needs
Need More Information:
Halifax County Health, in partnership with Triple P America, will train the existing workforce in Halifax and Northampton Counties to deliver Triple P interventions to parents of children from birth to age 17. If you serve families here in Halifax and Northampton and are interested in learning more about Triple P please contact our Triple P coordinator or visit Triple P America at http://www.triplep-parenting.net.