- Council on Aging
Council on Aging
About the Council
The Halifax County Council on Aging is a voluntary group of adults 60 years of age or over. There is a 15-member Board of Directors appointed by the Halifax County Board of Commissioners.
The purpose of the Council on Aging is to help meet the many needs of the older adult, such as: nutrition, transportation, health, day care, and in-home services. These services enable people to:
- Get to necessary appointments
- Provide resource information and case assistance
- Ensure a good nutritional diet
- Be less isolated from their peers and other groups
- Remain in their homes or with their family
Funding for these programs comes from the Home and Community Care Block Grant Funding Plan that is made up of federal, state, and local funds.
Feedback & Suggestions
We are looking forward to growing and making other services available. Your suggestions and your support are needed, so please call on us at 252-583-1688, Ext. 2284.
- Human Resources Management
- Seniors Health Insurance Information Program
- Social Security Administration
- North Carolina Housing Finance Agency
- North Carolina Housing Search
- Healthy Start Transportation
- Choanoke Public Transportation Authority
- Jo Story Senior Center
- Town of Scotland Neck Senior Center
- United Way 211