Please select the (Green or Blue) Hyperlinks to open or advance to additional information:
Find My Vaccine Group walks users through a series of questions to determine which vaccine group they are in. People can also sign up to be notified when their group is active
This vaccine location search tool lets North Carolinians enter their ZIP code or current location to find nearby vaccine providers.
We have a video showcasing numerous North Carolinians sharing why they are taking their shot.
These sites are North Carolina’s online spots for reliable and accurate information.
Contact Tracing Next Steps After Testing
The below documentation outlines the next steps for individuals to take after being tested for COVID-19 and prompts them to think ahead about the kinds of questions that will support them with the overall contact tracing process
30-second public service announcement on the 3 Ws.
Wait. Wash. As North Carolina eases some COVID-19 restrictions, the NC Department of Health and Human Services is asking people to remember these three things to continue to slow the spread of COVID-19 and flatten the curve.
If you leave home, practice your Ws: Wear, Wait, Wash
• Wear a cloth face covering if you will be with other people.
• Wait 6 feet apart. Avoid close contact.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer.
COVID Closure (Schedule and Availability):
The Halifax County Public Health System is providing essential and limited services by phone appointment only. The health department is open Monday-Friday by phone appointment.
- Call the WIC office at 252-535-4345 for services.
- Animal control emergency services may be obtained by calling 252-583-1991.
- Environmental Health services may be obtained by calling 252-583-6651.
- The Halifax County Public Health System may be reached at 252-583-5021.
COVID-19 Information from Across State Government
For more information about COVID 19, please visit CDC websites below along with additional information and phone numbers:
- CDC Recommended Preparedness and Response - www.cdc.gov/cpr
- NC Department of Health and Human Services (NC DHHS) COVID 19 Information - https://gcc02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ncdhhs.gov%2Fdivisions%2Fpublic-health%2Fcoronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19-response-north-carolina&data=02%7C01%7Clyncha%40halifaxnc.com%7Cf21822f345a9456b396d08d7c5c70560%7C190a02f5d69f4f15808b1607735975c8%7C0%7C0%7C637195330887162037&sdata=hZ%2BwDXqPWgQ%2BepbOVoRswcpz%2FRoCreKsPWsSGqLBNZc%3D&reserved=0
- As questions and concerns about coronavirus (COVID-19) increase across North Carolina, we’d like to encourage the promotion of the statewide Coronavirus Helpline for the public, which is answered 24 hours a day/7 days a week.
The phone number to the Coronavirus Helpline is 1-866-462-3821.
The 10 essential public health services, as promulgated by the United States Public Health Service and Institutes of Medicine, are:
- Monitor health status to identify community health problems.
- Diagnose and investigate health problems and health hazards in the community.
- Inform, educate, and empower people about health issues.
- Mobilize community partnerships to identify and solve health problems.
- Develop policies and plans that support individual and community health efforts.
- Support laws and regulations that protect health and ensure safety.
- Link people to needed personal health services and assure the provision of health care when otherwise unavailable.
- Assure a competent public and personal health care workforce.
- Evaluate effectiveness, accessibility, and quality of personal and population-based health services.
- Research for new insights and innovative solutions to health problems.
Halifax County Health Department services include:
- Animal Control
- Breast and Cervical Cancer Screenings
- Child Health Services
- Communicable Disease Control
- Diabetes Management
- Environmental Health Services
- Family Planning Services
- Health Education
- Kindergarten Screenings
- Maternal Health Services
- Nutritional Services
- Vital Statistics
Halifax County Public Health System, in partnership with our community, will educate, protect, and empower the citizens of Halifax County to lead healthier, more fulfilling lives.
With caring hearts and helping hands, we will achieve excellence in Health Care and Environmental Health services.
For Public Comments or suggestions regarding our services or services you would like us to offer, please call 252-583-5021 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name and contact information.